Article link at:
December 18, 2007
KLAS Enterprises LLC has issued its 2007 Best in KLAS Awards based on customer satisfaction with health care information technology vendors and consultants.
The Orem, Utah-based vendor research firm ranks vendor satisfaction based on surveys and interviews with thousands of hospitals and clinics, covering more than 750 products from more than 200 vendors. The firm issues mid-year and year-end report cards that list the vendors with the highest customer satisfaction scores in multiple categories. KLAS Enterprises also publishes numerous special reports each year outlining vendor performance in selected markets.
More information on the various reports and how to participate in research, as well as the complete Best in KLAS report that shows customer satisfaction scores for hundreds of vendors, is available at healthcomputing.com.
Following is the highest scoring product and vendor in each category for the Best in KLAS rankings, as well as category leaders for niche segments:
General Market Software Best in KLAS
* Acute care CDR, orders and charting: EpicCare Inpatient from Epic Systems Corp.
* Acute care registration/scheduling/patient accounting: Resolute from Epic Systems Corp.
* Cardiology PACS: VERICIS from Emageon Corp.
* Business decision support: EPSi Decision Support from Enterprise Performance Systems Inc.
* Document management and imaging: ImageNow from Perceptive Software.
* Emergency department: EDIS from Wellsoft Corp.
* Enterprise scheduling: RMS from Unibased Systems Architecture.
* Financial/enterprise resource planning: PW Financial/Materials Management from McKesson Corp.
* Laboratory: Sunquest Lab from Sunquest Information Systems Inc.
* PACS: Unity from DR Systems Inc.
* Pharmacy: EpicRx Inpatient from Epic Systems Corp.
* Radiology: Centricity RIS-IC (v.10) from GE Healthcare.
* Surgical: ORMS from Unibased Systems Architecture.
* Transcription/back-end speech recognition: EditScript from eScription Inc.
Other General Market Software
* Advanced visualization: Advantage Workstation from GE Healthcare.
* Bed management: Bed Management Suite from TeleTracking Technologies.
* Budgeting: EPSi Budgeting from Enterprise Performance Systems Inc.
* Cardiology hemodynamics: Series IV Hemodynamics from Philips Healthcare.
* Cardiology reporting/documentation: Xcelera Cardiology Reporting from Philips Healthcare.
* Clinical procedure documentation: ProVation from ProVation Medical Inc.
* Dictation: VoiceScript (SoftMed) from 3M Health Systems.
* Enterprise master patient index: QuadraMed MPI from QuadraMed Corp.
* Interface engines: Ensemble from InterSystems Corp.
* Laboratory anatomic pathology: Millennium Anatomic Pathology from Cerner Corp.
* Laboratory blood bank: SoftBank from SCC Soft Computer Inc.
* Medical records coding: Web.Strat from Ingenix.
* Medical records, other: ChartLocator (SoftMed) from 3M Health Systems.
* Medication administration: Medication Administration Check from Siemens Medical Solutions.
* Mobile data systems: MData Mobile from Thomson Healthcare.
* Chargemaster management: Chargemaster Toolkit from Craneware Inc.
* Claims management: XClaim (XactiMed) from MedAssets Inc.
* Contract management: Contract Manager from Accuro Healthcare Solutions.
* Medical necessity: PW Compliance Advisor from McKesson Corp.
* Single-sign-on: Vergence from Sentillion Inc.
* Speech recognition, front-end: RadWhereSuite (Commissure) from Nuance Communications.
* Staff/nurse scheduling: ANSOS One-Staff (Per-Se) from McKesson Corp.
* Time and attendance: Payrollmation Series from API Software Inc.
Community Hospital Software Best in KLAS
* Community hospital information system: Paragon from McKesson Corp.
* Community clinical ancillary system: Unity from DR Systems Inc.
Other Community Clinical Software
* Acute Care CDR/orders/charting: Paragon Clinicals from McKesson Corp.
* Acute Care registration/scheduling/patient accounting: Paragon Financials from McKesson Corp.
* Laboratory: Harvest LIS from Orchard Software.
* PACS: Unity from DR Systems Inc.
* Pharmacy: Horizon Meds Manager from McKesson Corp.
Physician Practice Software Best in KLAS
* Billing and scheduling (More than 100 physicians): Resolute/Prelude/Cadence from Epic Systems Corp.
* Billing and scheduling (26-100 physicians): athenahealth Inc.
* Billing and scheduling (6-25 physicians): AdvancedMD from AdvancedMD.
* Billing and scheduling (1-5 physicians): DoctorsPartner PM from DoctorsPartner.
* Electronic medical records (More than 100 physicians): EpicCare Ambulatory from Epic Systems Corp.
* Electronic medical records (26-100 physicians): TouchWorks EHR from Allscripts LLC.
* Electronic medical records (6-25 physicians): PrimeSuite Chart from Greenway Medical Technologies.
* Electronic medical records (1-5 physicians): MedcomSoft Record from MedcomSoft Inc.
Other Physician Practice Software
* Document Mgmt./Imaging: ImageMD from SRSsoft.
* PACS: IntelePACS from Intelerad Medical Systems Inc.
* Radiology: RISLogic from Merge Healthcare.
Other Software Best in KLAS
* Home care: Horizon Homecare from McKesson Corp.
Other Specialty Software
* Behavioral health: Therapist Helper from VantageMed.
* Hospice: Horizon Homecare from McKesson Corp.
* Long-term care: QuickCARE QC3net from QuickCARE Corp.
Professional Services Best in KLAS
* Clinical implementation/principal: IBM Healthlink.
* Clinical implementation/supportive: Costal Healthcare Consulting.
* Financial implementation/principal: Affiliated Computer Services Inc.
* I.T. outsourcing/extensive: Eclipsys Corp.
* Outsourced transcription: Encompass.
* Planning and assessment: Hayes Management Consulting.
* Revenue cycle consulting: Stockamp & Associates Inc.
* Technical consulting: Hayes Management Consulting.
Other Professional Services
* Other implementation/principal: Affiliated Computer Services Inc.
* Other implementation/supportive: Innovative Healthcare Solutions.
* Staff augmentation: Affiliated Computer Services Inc.
* Vendor selection: Innovative Health Strategies (DBGC)
Medical Equipment Best in KLAS
* Computed radiography: Xpress CR Dual Bay from Konica Minolta.
* Computed tomography: Aquilion 64-slice CT from Toshiba.
* Hand-carried ultrasound: z.one from ZONARE.
* Magnetic resonance: Vantage 1.5T MR from Toshiba.
* Smart pumps: Outlook from B. Braun USA.
* Ultrasound: Xario from Toshiba.
Other Medical Equipment
* Digital mammography: Selenia from Hologic Inc.
* Digital X-ray: Definium 8000 from GE Healthcare.
* Medication dispensing/centralized: Robot-Rx from McKesson Corp.
* Medication dispensing/decentralized: OmniRx from Omnicell Inc