Galveston Medical Technology Students Need Your Used Books
Nearly 50% of the medical technology students at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (UTMB) lost most of their belongings in their rooms on Galveston Island when hurricane Ike struck. These students need your help to get their textbooks replaced.
Below are the numbers of students enrolled in each class offered this semester.
- Hematology and Coagulation I – 26 students
- Basic Methods and Introduction to Lab Operations – 30 students
- Biochemistry – 43 students
- Intermediate Pathogenic Microbiology – 46 students
- Clinical Chemistry II – 62 students
- Immuno/Immunoheme – 64 students
- Clinical Laboratory Methods – 60 PA students
If you are interested in donating books, please contact Vicki Freeman, PhD, MT(ASCP)SC at 281.338.9912or email@example.com. The UTMB has created a hurricane relief fund. For more information, go to www.utmb.edu.
Please consider donating textbooks from their fall textbook list (even older editions would be great):
- Linne, J.J. & Ringsrud, K.M. (1999). Clinical Laboratory Sciences: The Basics, 5th ed. Mosby. ISBN: 0323007597.
- Mahon and Manuselis (2007). Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology, 3rd ed. W.B. Saunders Company. ISBN: 1416025812.
- McKee and McKee (2008). Biochemistry: The Molecular Basis of Life, 4th ed. McGraw-Hill. ISBN: 13-9780195305753.
- Shirley B. McKenzie (2004). Clinical Laboratory Hematology Prentice Hall Clinical Lab Science Series. ISBN: 0-13-019996-6.
- Carr J.H., Rodak, B.F. (2009) Clinical Hematology Atlas Third Edition. Elsevier Saunders. St. Louis MO (2009)
- Arneson & Brickell (2007). Clinical Chemistry: A Laboratory Perspective, Latest ed. F. A. Davis Company. ISBN: 978-0-8036-1498-7.
- Stevens, Christine Clinical Immunology and Serology, 2nd Edition.
- Harmening, D.M. Modern Blood Banking and Transfusion Practices, 5th Edition
- Mary Louise Turgeon, EdD, MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA) (2007). Linne & Ringsrud’s Clinical Laboratory Science, 5th Edition – The Basics and Routine Techniques, 5th ed. Mosby. ISBN: 978-0-323-03412-8. (Used by PA students)
Category: Current Affairs