20th ANNUAL ANATOMIC PATHOLOGY COURSE
5 – 9 April 2010, Hyatt Regency Hotel
This impressive course covers general and specialized areas of anatomic pathology. An intensive session in inflammatory, infectious, and tumor-related diseases, this five-day course reviews all fields in surgical pathology, cytology and forensics. Renowned experts from all of AFIP's many departments will be teaching in every sub-specialty from vast experience in international consultation, large research studies and international continuing medical education programs.
Unique to this course are the 500+ cases that participants will review. These slides are chosen from AFIP's compilation of material dating back to 1916, which is continually reviewed and renewed by the organization's experts. Attendees can review classic and complex anatomic pathology slides and test themselves on the diagnoses during the course. Highlights of this course include:
- 40 hours of lectures.
- 25 hours of microscope time
- 65 AMA Category 1 credits
- Entire revised course syllabus available on CD
- The only anatomic course with exceptional slides to self-review AND microscopes provided
- Computer access to digital slides for one year following the course through our online educational platform, http://www.askafip.org
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
AFIP received a six-year accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). This is the highest mark that any ACCME-accredited provider can attain, and less than 1% of the several hundred providers nationwide receive this honor. This is a true testament to the quality of our program. We encourage everyone to take advantage of our expertise for the advancement of their own career, and to make a difference in the civilian and military medical community.
REGISTRATION ON THE WEB
Steps to register for this course:
- In order to register for an AFIP course, you must first create an AskAFIP account at http://www.askafip.org
- Click on "Register", complete the registration form and record the User ID (we suggest last name if not previously entered) and password for future reference.
- Once you have an account and are logged in, click on "Education"- this will bring you to the course catalog.
- Scroll down and select the course you wish to take.