Omnyx's vision is to transform the scope of pathology through leveraging medical imaging and developing a novel, ground-breaking digital pathology solution. At Omnyx you will make a difference in healthcare and apply every ounce of your experience to introduce solutions that break through the current limitations in pathology. Our products improve patient care by increasing pathologists' productivity, efficiency, as well as patient safety. We offer an entrepreneurial atmosphere with rich opportunities for self-directed people to thrive and grow professionally. At Omnyx, we embrace a highly collaborative culture where product managers operate in an Agile development process and also work very closely with customers and luminaries to fully understand and translate their needs into innovative products. Together, we will deliver the best digital pathology products available. We are a high-tech startup formed as a joint venture of GE Healthcare and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. We have solid financial backing and support from each of these leading healthcare companies.
We are looking for a Associate Product Manager who understands the workflow of anatomic pathologists and the histology lab and can work closely with our software engineering team to make the use cases come to life in the product. Ideally, the candidate will understand Agile development processes and the role of a Product Owner.
- Collaborate with clinical user, IT professional, and engineering populations to ensure the use cases and requirements are developed to meet customer needs
- Work with user experience designers to translate solution design intent into requirements
- Analyze requirements to identify impacts to engineering, sales, implementation, and support teams
- Ensure requirements are actionable, inclusive of necessary detail, and clearly understood by the engineering team
- Manage a backlog of requirements based on the direction of the Senior Product Manager and customer feedback
- Perform iterative product planning (sprint planning) with the engineering team to prioritize the development cycle
- Negotiate trade-offs between functionality, usability, effort, and timeline within development cycle
- Assist in the beta-cycle of the product through developing user test scenarios and gathering customer feedback
- Work with clinical users, customers, and user experience designers to analyze, clarify, and prioritize product feedback
- Follow the Omnyx quality system guidelines for design input and change control of requirements
- BS/MS in computer science, business or related fields
- Experience with anatomic pathology workflow and processes
- Minimum 1 yrs of product administration/management experience or APL-LIS implementation experience.
- Proven ability to communicate product requirements and direction with software engineering teams. Travel requirements – 25%
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience as a “Product Owner” in the “Scrum” development process
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and specifically Anatomic Pathology Laboratory Information Systems (AP-LIS)
- Understanding of AP-LIS implementation processes
- Familiarity with working in an FDA regulated environment
- Multiple beta test site implementations