Courtesy of www.pathboard.com. Did a double take initially but the Cleveland Clinic is recruiting for a pathology chair for their up and coming 364-bed hospital in the Middle East. I gather other positions will follow Abu Dhabi works for you.
Job Details: Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Department Chair, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
This is a once-in-a-lifetime professional opportunity to make your mark on the world stage as Chair of Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi’s Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer, you will join a world-class medical and administrative team as it establishes the premier tertiary care hospital and clinic in the Middle East. Along with collaborative support from Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, you will plan and develop the systems, procedures and culture of the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine department and lead this new department when the facility opens its doors in late 2012.
About Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Currently under construction, this 364-bed hospital and clinic will be a physician-led medical facility, served by Western-trained, North American board-certified (or equivalent) physicians. The first facility in the Middle East to operate the Cleveland Clinic staff model, it will serve local and international patients in an environment that combines excellent amenities with advanced technologies in surgery, imaging, telemedicine and electronic medical records. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is a subsidiary of Mubadala Healthcare, a business unit of Mubadala Development Company. Mubadala Healthcare is actively investing to stimulate Abu Dhabi’s healthcare sector and partnering with international expertise to develop world-class facilities for the region.
About Abu Dhabi. The capital of the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi is one of the most rapidly evolving and dynamic cities in the world. Under a new generation of visionary leaders, it has grown to a metropolis of one and a half million people and a hub of business, culture and tourism. The lifestyle and culture this international city offers are truly amazing.
• Minimum of 10 years post graduate clinical experience, with current active national medical license
• Board Certification in Pathology, with training in both Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
• Experience establishing and maintaining laboratory accreditation
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team of physicians and allied health professionals associated with all lab functions
• Ability to oversee the Anatomic and Clinical Pathology laboratory functions within the clinic and hospital, which are centered around acute care
• Additional degrees, such as MBA, MHA, MMM or MPH desirable
For consideration, please send your inquiries, curriculum vitae and / or recommendations to Japreet Kaur at email@example.com
(Consideration of candidates will occur in 2010 and the position is to be filled in 2011).
Category: Pathology News