These are exciting times for i-Path, the Northern Ireland based firm, as it prepares to announce its US launch with the new company name, PathXL. i-Path will undergo a corporate rebrand to PathXL for all customers from the end of August 2011. In the meantime PathXL™ Tutor and PathXL™ Simulate, their education and training digital pathology products, will be introduced in the US by DigiPath, Inc®, beginning at the Association of Pathology Chairs Annual Meeting (link) in Monterey, California, USA from July 13th-15th 2011.
DigiPath and PathXL invite you to their stand to hear the exciting news regarding PathXL™ Tutor and PathXL™ Simulate in the USA.
The dedicated software platform, PathXL™ Tutor, allows users to effectively create and manage digital slides and other content, publish online, share and view from anywhere in the world.
What you can do with PathXL™ Tutor?
- Generate on-line virtual microscopy training, CPD and competency exam resources in minutes, significantly enhancing student, trainee and the professional experience.
- Incorporate various multimedia files including streaming videos, presentations, sound files, PDFs and Office documents.
- Build online proficiency tests, incorporating virtual slides and having results from participants stored centrally. Scores can be compared against peer groups at the end of each test.
- The powerful web based virtual slide viewer is rich with features including annotations, slide measurements, screenshots and multi-slide review.
- Build PathXL™ Tutor into your current website, creating an education portal for members only or make publicly available.
- PathXL™ Tutor is entirely web based and accessible via any web browser.
- PathXL™ Tutor runs through a standard internet port. No downloads or plugins required.
- PathXL is vendor neutral and supports virtual slides and file formats from all major scanning manufacturers.
PathXL™ Simulate is aimed at supporting early stage training for residents in pathology. Trainees ‘learn by simulation’ by working through real cases and assessing their performance.
This approach has been embraced by numerous laboratories across the world including the Thames and Medway Training Schools, Liverpool Training School, South West Deanery Training School and the Royal College of Pathologists of Australia (RCPA).
- Approved training materials in diagnostic pathology
- High resolution digital images of the entire slide
- Learn to identify the key morphological clue in diagnosis
- Track diagnostic performance from morphology interpretation to diagnosis
- Train in a consequence free environment
- Generate performance report on cases
- Improve diagnostic ability and performance
- Develop the skill sets of the world’s leading pathologists
- Learn to identify the key morphological clues in diagnosis
- Used to complement one-to-one training
- Web-based software can be accessed anytime, anywhere
- Objective algorithms aimed at improving reproducibility and precision across the profession.
PathXL Ltd is a company that specializes in developing web-based software for Digital Pathology. Their proprietary web-based image management database and digital slide viewing platform – PathXL™ – together with purpose built application software, underpins a wide range of applications including (i) education and training in pathology, (ii) digital slide archiving, (iii) cloud based digital pathology, (iv) biobanking, (v) biomarker discovery and multiplex data management and analysis and (vi) web-based image analysis for tissue analysis. US customers can visit www.pathxl.com and www.digipath.biz to view PathXL’s products and services.
Rest of world customers (including UK) please continue to use the company website www.i-path.co.uk until we also complete our renaming to PathXL, which we will advise you about in August.
About DigiPath, Inc.
DigiPath, Inc. provides the next generation of affordable, innovative, and reliable digital pathology solutions. DigiPath’s advisors bring over 60 years combined expertise in pioneering digital pathology, implementing over 500 installations at community pathology practices, hospitals, academic medical centers, reference laboratories, biopharma organizations, and life science research institutions worldwide.
Visit www.digipath.biz monthly to see new solutions emerge during 2011.