Last month i-Path attended SMi’s Biobanking Conference in London and launched a new product, PathXL BioBank. During the two-day conference a number of thought leaders from around the world made presentations highlighting the exciting work of the biobanking industry.
A biobank is a facility to store and archive biological samples primarily for use in research. With each biobank taking their own approach to set up and operations, it is a dynamic and fast paced environment. Path XL BioBank allows users to store, track and check in / out tissue samples using a sophisticated web-based interface. Customers have the flexibility to use their own biobanking software whilst incorporating the PathXL image viewer or to use PathXL BioBank as their database and management software with virtual images integrated.
“Moving into the biobanking sector is an exciting step for i-Path, and we were delighted to see PathXL BioBank so well received at the Biobanking Conference.”
Phil Murray, i-Path Executive VP & Sales Director
• Immediate access to virtual slides, eliminating the inefficiency of physically retrieving slide
• Slide scanning conducted by i-Path experts who will guide you through the scanning options and QC all scans
• All virtual slides are hosted on a secure, high performance image server environment providing a fast reliable service
• Securely log in anytime from anywhere in the world to manage your tissue research project
• Share digital slides with collaborators anywhere in the world
“We integrated PathXL with our NI Biobank database to enable researchers to view our catalogue of samples online, from anywhere in the world. When a sample is added to the NI Biobank it immediately appears in our online catalogue. Researchers will then be able to select and order samples from the NI Biobank in full confidence that all the samples they receive will be useable in their research.”
Dr. Jacqueline James, Northern Ireland Biobank Scientific Lead
Category: Pathology News