The Product Analyst, Healthcare works with customers to understand, analyze and document product requirements to meet customer needs in the market to enable Aperio to keep and grow current business and obtain new business. You will work closely with Aperio Software Developers to translate these market requirements to produce functional specifications and be able to lead your peers to ensure that they understand and approve the specifications to meet the market needs for Aperio’s digital pathology systems.
The Product Analyst, Healthcare is someone who can:
• Participate in the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Spend time in the market to understand the problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market
• Refine market requirements for current and future products by on-going visits to customers and noncustomers-define marketing and product requirements with prioritized features
• Demonstrate a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
• Increase the profitability of existing products and to developing new products • Define functional requirements for products, specifically SecondSlide consultation network and laboratory information system interfaces, and work with engineering to define product release requirements and to develop detailed product specifications • Build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects
• Work with quality assurance to develop test plans and assist in verifying developed functionality • Serve as an internal and external evangelist for your product offerings, working with the sales channel and key customers, and help train operations personnel in the use of the products you specify
• Work closely product team and marketing communications on go-to-market strategies, understand product positioning, key benefits, and target customers • Represent the company at conferences and trade show
• Healthcare background working with pathology applications in hospital, reference lab, or Healthcare vendor companies. Experience with laboratory information system interfaces is a plus
• Understanding of anatomic pathology lab workflow is highly desired • Capable communicator and be comfortable working with healthcare customers, product team members, development and test engineers, sales, and marketing personnel at all levels • Proven teamwork and people skills; excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills • Ability to write detailed documents and specifications
• Able to work effectively in a collaborative environment and lead cross-functional teams, contribute solutions, and remain flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment • Customer focus with strong technical background; well developed analytical skills; excellent product design skills. Experience as a computer user of technical applications
• Experience in human factors analysis (e.g. workflow analysis, storyboarding). • Willing to spend time in the field (up to approx. 30% travel), developing relationships with customers and vendor partners to create detailed product requirement specifications.
• Technical and/or pathology background desirable
• High energy and self motivated
• BS/BA in healthcare field or engineering (MS/MA and/or Ph.D. desirable) Rev. 2011-05• 5+ years experience (or equivalent education) in healthcare field, working for hospital, reference lab, research organization, or Healthcare vendor companies.
• Blend of Business and Technical savvy
Location and type:
• Full-time employment in Vista, California – Local Candidates Only – No Relocation
Compensation and benefits:
Aperio pays our great people salaries commensurate with market value, and provides full benefits including health benefits and a 401(k) plan. All Aperio employees participate in our stock option plan.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title.
Aperio is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As an Aperio employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best. Because we provide our customers the best technologies and service in the industry, you will constantly develop new skills, learn new products, and be involved in activities that are highly valued in the marketplace. At Aperio, we value our customers as partners, and therefore strive to deliver excellence in everything we do.
Aperio is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We support workforce diversity.