This position is focused and very skilled in the area of Digital Pathology
The Digital Pathology Sales Account Manager will possess specialized and in-depth comprehensive knowledge and experience in Digital Pathology as the Subject Matter Expert in image analysis for the US Healthcare Sales Team. Candidate will develop and execute successful Digital Immunohistochemistry (DIHC) solution sales strategies, update sales tools and tactics to drive growth and revenue to the hospital market throughout the US. You will partner, train and support all US Healthcare Sales Representatives in Digital IHC sales and marketing skills allowing pathologist to significantly streamline clinical workflow and improve patient care through digital pathology.
Candidate must have an impressive history of consistent sales success to clinical reference labs and to hospitals in complex sales with a solid understanding of the histology environment. This position will call on both existing customers and new business with a focus and quota for selling Aperio’s Digital IHC solutions. Candidate must be comfortable calling on the C-Suite, delivering vision, and orchestrating multi departmental/site evaluations. You must have excellent skills focusing on differentiation, forecasting, negotiating and closing while working in concert with US Healthcare Sales team.
As the SME in Digital IHC solutions, you will also partner with the Healthcare Representatives throughout the US to educate and support them in driving the Digital IHC business to closure with their customers. To be successful, candidate must be highly motivated, display independent initiative and thrive on the independence, flexibility and variety offered by this specialized sales position for Aperio.
The Digital Pathology Sales Account Manager is someone who can:
- Target clinical reference labs and hospital accounts that would benefit from Aperio’s Digital IHC Systems
- Collaborate with the US Healthcare sales team as the Subject Matter Expert in image analysis to assist in achieving complex goals
- Independently perform needed activities in all areas of responsibility to achieve Aperio’s business goals
- Develop and execute successful Digital IHC solution sales strategies for the US Healthcare market
- Partner, support, educate and train Healthcare Reps throughout the US in DIHC sales
- Provide direction on issues of DIHC and assist Healthcare Reps and Sales Managers in setting strategy direction
- Develop, communicate and deliver the vision and benefits of Digital IHC Systems to the hospital market
- Demonstrate proven experience in pathology product sales, imaging sales and a solid understanding of the reimbursement aspects of clinical lab business
- Coordinate effective sales activities within national, multi-site, hospitals and/or IDN’s
- Proactively review best practices and process improvements to ensure competitiveness within a rapidly changing environment and to provide proper strategies to and meet deliverables
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven record of successful sales of Digital Pathology solutions
- Expert in image analysis
- Solid understanding of the histology environment
- Ability to create DIHC sales strategies, plans and activities to exceed sales goals
- Demonstrates outstanding professional communication and interpersonal skills; communicates with C-suite level, pathologists, doctors, laboratory managers, internal partners
- Ability to educate, support and train US Healthcare Reps in the area of Digital IHC
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities and timeframes
- High level of initiative, creative thinking, decision making and problem resolution skills
- Works independently but able to interact as a partner and team member
- Inherent ability to influence of others
- Minimum 5-7 years successful selling experience into hospitals (medical capital or software solutions)
- Extensive understanding of pathology market
- Extensive understanding of histology laboratory environment and Digital IHC (immunohistochemistry)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work with others to train and educate them to be successful in DIHC
- Track record of rapidly and consistently generating sales revenue
- Ability to travel a significant percentage of time
Location and type:
Full-time employment in Western US near a major airport
Compensation and benefits:
Aperio pays our great people salaries commensurate with market value, and provides full benefits including health benefits and a 401(k) plan. All Aperio employees participate in our stock option plan.
Submit your resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line.
Aperio is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As an Aperio employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best. Because we provide our customers the best technologies and service in the industry, you will constantly develop new skills, learn new products, and be involved in activities that are highly valued in the marketplace. At Aperio, we value our customers as partners, and therefore strive to deliver excellence in everything we do.
Aperio is an equal opportunity and affirmative action M/F/V/D employer. We support workforce diversity. EEO/AA M/F/V/D