Who we are
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
The imaging scientist will utilize expertise in image processing, machine learning, and pattern recognition and contribute as a member of a highly collaborative team of senior engineers and scientists on initiatives pertaining to the development of imaging technology for Digital Pathology.
– Design and develop innovative algorithms for quantitative analysis of histopathology images
– Design, develop and test high-performance analysis engine that can interface with multiple applications.
– Utilize skills in C/C++, C# and .Net to work on the infrastructure and applications for analysis of digital pathology images.
– Develop libraries, applications and algorithms for analysis of small and large histopathology images.
– Building a scalable system capable of handling huge amounts of data with a large user base.
– Provide technical and/or professional coordination and leadership in the execution of day-to-day program activities, as appropriate to Company objectives
– Collaborate with other technical staff in R&D related to areas such as infrastructure applications, storage and archival systems, and analysis engines.
– Collaborate with other members of the project team to meet defined scientific and technical needs, expectations and goals.
– Proactively recommend, and execute tasks and strategies in support of BioImagene’s various product requirements. Partner throughout the research, development and product lifecycle with Core Engineering and TSG Programs, and other related Company business units.
– Other duties as may be assigned by management in the pursuit of the operational goals of Company
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, entry level, or Master's degree with 3+ years relevant experience.
-Product development experience with a focus on data analysis. A PhD may be considered in lieu of product development experience. Proven track record for innovations in problems solving and analysis
– Candidate should have both a solid practical background with experience in C/C++, and software design and architecture.
– Experience in the design and development of image analysis algorithms for medical images.
– Experience working throughout the full SDLC (software development lifecycle) from concept to product deliverables through system deployment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
-Strong understanding and experience in developing pattern recognition algorithms in large datasets.
-The candidate should enjoy solving complex problems using a mixture of creative ideas that you bring to the table.
-Hands on software development and implementation of image processing algorithms are required.
-Understanding and following of Software Engineering practices is required.
-Understanding of image processing as it relates to the development of biomedical image analysis is highly desired.
– Excellent knowledge of image processing and understanding, Machine Vision, and Pattern Recognition
– Practical knowledge of Machine Learning based methods and techniques
– Excellent background in C/C++, data structures, performance tuning
– Excellent skills in design of high performance software systems
– Strong Object Oriented Programming design, development and practice
– Strong understanding of MVC and other design patterns
– Understanding of digital Pathology is desirable but not required
-The position requires the candidate to have good mathematical and analytical skills and through knowledge of basic and advanced image processing techniques.
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer