At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
- The Digital Pathology Marketing team seeks a Sr. Product Manager to drive the global commercialization of our line of slide scanners. Digital Pathology is a fast-growing category, with a fast-paced, team oriented work environment, and opportunity to make a big impact for Roche Diagnostics. This role offers a unique opportunity to drive global commercialization of Digital Pathology products.
- Reporting to the Sr. International Business Leader for Digital Pathology, you will lead budgeting, planning and global launch activities. Experience with Digital Pathology or Imaging systems highly desirable, but not required.
- The Sr. Product Manager owns the assigned product line and is responsible for developing and executing an annual global product line plan that creates command of positioning, promotion, pricing, and costing for a lab-oriented software solution.
- The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for providing geographical support for existing products and managing the product lifecycle. Other duties include monitoring supply chain, quality, development activities, and collaborating with Operations to overcome issues.
- The Sr. Product Manager continuously monitors customer requirement trends and participates in strategic initiatives as needed. The Sr. Product Manager is the product champion and main conduit for all product-related communications for the product line.
- Product positioning, promotion, and pricing.
- Development and implementation of marketing initiatives designed to increase revenue, profit, and/or market share for product line.
- Development of sales collateral and other marketing materials.
- Market analysis including customer data mining, competitive intelligence, product line gap analysis, and market sizing.
- Ownership of cross-functional and cross-departmental alignment on product line objectives.
- Continuously monitor commercial performance.
- Develop product quality requirements.
- Develop and maintain product line dashboards.
- Provide critical feedback to Product Development teams regarding customer/user requirements.
- Development of high-level software requirements, application visual design, and feature development.
- Responsible for development of product release strategy and roadmap.
- Lead product discontinuation and obsolescence teams.
- Support annual Strategic Business Planning effort.
- Act as main point of contact and manage global communications for assigned product line.
- Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- BS or BA in related field required, MS and/or MBA a plus.
- 7 years sales, product management, product marketing and/or technical experience in internet software development or clinical diagnostics or lab instrumentation, based on assignment. Experience defining marketing and sales collateral. Strong knowledge of diagnostic and/or laboratory automation and related clinical/histology experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong technical acumen.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Financial/model building skills.
- Significant leadership potential.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" link below.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer