Cerner's Laboratory Medicine suite of solutions offer comprehensive, fully integrated technology to automate the operational and managerial sides of the laboratory. Solutions automate processes and drive efficiencies within the anatomic and clinical laboratory and outside the laboratory walls through web order, results distribution and courier tracking. The Laboratory Agile Business Unit (ABU) is focused on the holistic support for these workflows, including development, consulting, support and sales. With 30 years of continuous innovation for laboratory, Cerner is the proven industry leader.
Cerner’s Laboratory Medicine organization is searching for a talented Laboratory Physician Executive. This Physician Executive will be involved in all aspects of Cerner’s business including implementation, sales, solution design, and business strategy.
The Physician Executive works with pathologists, laboratory leaders, and management at current and potential clients conveying Cerner’s vision such that clients understand the benefits of adopting Cerner’s solutions. Sales responsibilities include engaging on opportunities with clients, making presentations, and having discussions with key influencers, clinical leaders, and executive buyers on the value of the Laboratory offerings. Solution design responsibilities include working with engineering leadership to provide a clinical, medical perspective and client feedback regarding the improvements to the Laboratory offerings. There will also be solution design responsibilities where the Physician Executive will work with clients directly on the design of these offerings. From a business strategy responsibility the Physician Executive works with the broader Laboratory leadership team and Cerner Senior Leadership on future direction and development that specifically ties to generating new business and revenue to grow the organization.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Successful completion of a medical program, at an accredited academic institution, whose graduates are eligible for licensure to practice
- Successful completion of postgraduate training, or three years of clinical practice as a licensed physician
- Have not been censured or forced to relinquish license due to impropriety
- Medical degree
- 5 to 10 years practice experience in a Laboratory setting and/or Pathology Education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Demonstrated knowledge of the cultural change processes involved in the selection, implementation, and acceptance of computer-based Laboratory Information Systems
- Hands-on experience providing care in a highly automated laboratory
Cerner Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Cerner is the leading U.S. supplier of healthcare information technology solutions that optimize clinical and financial outcomes. Around the world, health organizations ranging from single-doctor practices to entire countries turn to Cerner (NASDAQ: CERN) for our powerful yet intuitive solutions. Cerner offers clients a dedicated focus on healthcare, an end-to-end solution and service portfolio, and proven market leadership.
Category: Pathology News