Date: January 16, 2014
Time: 12 PM EST
Speaker: Suzanne Burmeister, BA, M. Phil., CPC, COBGC
CEU: 1 AAPC-Approved CEU for Live Attendees
Take Note: By October 1, 2014, all practices must be ready to use the new coding system, including making technological updates and training staff.
The alternative is financial disaster! So how do you get your practice ready to use ICD-10-CM, and where do you begin?
Join a free webinar by Suzanne Burmeister, BA, M. Phil., CPC, COBGC, where she will discuss how ICD-10 impactsyour staff; familiarize you with the new system’s guidelines, conventions, and documentation requirements; and equip you with effective tools and resources to get your practice moving toward a successful transition.
During this one-hour webinar, our veteran speaker will:
- Provide an overview of ICD-10-CM, including can’t-miss code conventions and guidelines: Learn the new system’s key differences from ICD-9, including longer codes, new notes, and placeholders.
- Discuss how ICD-10 impacts both clinical and office staff, systems, and processes — as well as how to face all the challenges.
- Help you understand various billing and technology requirements, including Version 5010, claims processing, dual claims processing, and EMR.
- Explain how and why clinical documentation focused on ICD-10-CM is essential.
- Teach your staff documentation tips to improve coding documentation such as:
- » Let the clinical staff know why documenting “urosepsis” won’t be enough under ICD-10.
» Osteoarthritis will require heightened documentation in ICD-10; learn how to capture the details you need.
- Educate your coders and billers on anatomy and physiology lessons that will make correct coding of operative reports and chart notes easier and more accurate.
- Cover reliable and time-saving online ICD-10 resources — including ICD-10 bridges, eLearning, newsletters, and tools — to help your practice transition to ICD-10-CM effortlessly.
REGISTER NOW to attend this highly-informative webinar so you can learn everything you need to get your practice ready for ICD-10-CM.
Director of Development & Operations
SuperCoder.com ‚The Coding Institute, LLC