The Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) venture started on May 1, 2007. The venture is establishing a worldwide business for total digital pathology solutions encompassing an ultra-fast scanner for microscope tissue slides, a pathology PACS and several disease specific (mostly for cancer types) Image Analysis Tools or CAD/CDS solutions. Digital pathology is a relatively new market for Philips which requires building up a customer base and market channels while leveraging multiple Philips assets and capabilities (brand, market, channel, technologies) for establishing the total solution
We expect to accomplish a dominant market position through our mission:
In a world with increasing challenges for cancer diagnostic procedures and quality of patient care we want to be number one in empowering pathologists with digital pathology solutions so their expertise is supported by the best scanners, PACS, workflow and IAT solutions available. This helps them work more effectively, leading to higher quality diagnosis and as a result better patient care.
The current Digital Pathology marketing and sales team in US consists of a Senior Sales Director Digital Pathology North America, a Marketing Manager, four Strategic Sales Managers (including this one), an Application Specialist and a PACS/Informatics Specialist. This team will continue to grow based on successfully completing sales objectives. The Digital Pathology marketing and sales team has a close relationship with the Philips Healthcare Informatics marketing and sales teams.
The Strategic Sales Manager for the South East NA for Digital Pathology will report to the Senior Sales Director Digital Pathology North America. The SSM Digital Pathology North America will also be in frequent contact with the US sales and marketing team to align the sales and marketing activities of the Digital Pathology venture. The candidate will be responsible for monitoring the business performance of all products during their lifecycle and propose/act on corrective actions to maximize business success in all aspects.
· The Strategic Sales Manager will be accountable for sales, revenue generation and market penetration for Philips’ Digital Pathology solutions and systems in the assigned region while driving the development of relationships with key clinical pathologists, independent pathology groups, large reference labs, research facilities, pharma, government organizations and hospitals.
· Key account management and market penetration. Along with the sales and marketing team, helps develop and execute the strategic sales plan and produce monthly and quarterly updates to the plan and review process. Responsible for creating and implementing the sales plan in the assigned area in coordination with the master strategic plan, including forecast and AOP. Gains and maintains market information and knowledge in order to obtain and maintain the targeted market shares in all assigned product categories.
· Grows the clinical competency skills required for all of the Philips’s Digital Pathology Solutions products to assure role of sales expert in an elite sales force. Develops and drives credibility and long term relationship with the customers in the clinical digital pathology area, to fulfill long term sales objectives.
· Attends and represent Philips DPS at various trade shows and conferences.
· Provides regular monthly and timely feedback on a variety of topics including sales performance/penetration, market feedback, competitive activities, new target accounts, ideas regarding sales growth and new product development opportunities.
· Customer satisfaction. Provides formal communication of customer needs to personnel for the purpose of improving the organization and product.
· Has the authority and accountability to negotiate contracts and prices within the limits of the sales plan and sales policy.
• University educated: in science, business or related healthcare field. MBA preferred.
• Experience in pathology required and PACS preferred.
• More than 5 years of experience with a proven track record of downstream sales with experience in medical software and devices in a clinical setting. Marketing experience beneficial.
• Experience in market launch/selling of new products into new markets.
• Excellent communicative and commercial skills.
• Must be willing to travel a minimum of 50% of the time
To begin your career now with Philips, please formally apply online today atwww.philips.com/about/careers.
Philips is an Equal Opportunity Employer