Journal of Medical Imaging (JMI) began publication in April 2014. All articles will be freely available through 2015. Read JMI online.
JMI covers fundamental and translational research and applications focused on medical imaging, which continue to yield physical and biomedical advancements in the early detection, diagnostics, and therapy of disease as well as in the understanding of normal. The scope of JMI includes:
- Imaging physics
- Tomographic reconstruction algorithms (such as those in CT and MRI)
- Image processing
- Computer-aided diagnosis and quantitative image analysis
- Visualization and modeling
- Picture archiving and communications systems (PACS)
- Image perception and observer performance
- Technology assessment
- Ultrasonic imaging
- Image-guided procedures
- Digital pathology
- Biomedical applications of biomedical imaging
JMI allows for the peer-reviewed communication and archiving of scientific developments, translational and clinical applications, reviews, and recommendations for the field.
Read the press release for further information about the launch of this journal.