Leica Looking for a VP – Global SaaS Sales in Pathology Imaging Business Unit in Greater San Diego Area
The VP – Global SaaS Sales is responsible for organizing, managing and motivating a global sales team to sell a variety of innovative Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings, working with the Pathology Imaging Business Unit and the LBS Global Selling Units, as well as collaborating with other adjacent operating companies and business units. The VP – Global SaaS Sales must be innovative, enthusiastic, and capable of building a qualified funnel of opportunities and achieving aggressive closing targets for evolutionary SaaS offerings in the pathology market focused on improving efficiency, quality and outcomes. The ideal sales leader will have experience in cloud-based services and selling SaaS solutions in healthcare and life science markets and leading sales teams in these markets. Leica Biosystems (LBS) is looking for an accomplished sales executive who demonstrates a strong combination of sales effectiveness, technical acumen, and leadership to help differentiate LBS SaaS in a competitive and dynamic global market. The right candidate will be instrumental in driving adoption by working directly with sales and marketing leadership as well as product development to ensure the SaaS solutions address verified customer needs in the respective markets.
- Serve as the Sales Leader for SaaS solutions, developing SaaS Commercial Strategy, establishing SaaS global commercial organization, building a funnel, driving adoption, closing sales, and developing new opportunities for the pathology markets – may also provide Sales leadership across affiliated operating companies
- Work in conjunction with VP of Marketing developing market for LBS SaaS Solutions
- Organize and lead sales teams globally
- Conduct long-range planning and develop and oversee implementation of multi-year global strategic plans with supporting business cases detailing investment requirements and their impact on the enterprise
- Work with marketing and product development to obtain VOC across the pathology markets to ensure LBS innovation tracks customer needs and keeps LBS PI on the leading edge of the market
- Work with DBSL to ensure appropriate metrics are tracked and reported to keep the executive team informed of near-term and long-term order and sale forecasts and to enable focused problem solving where needed to accomplish financial goals
- Develop cost-effective and motivational variable compensation plans for SaaS offerings consistent with LBS budgetary and growth metrics
- Provide executive sales support to help close complex sales
- Continue to research and advise the executive team on markets changes and needs
- Refine commercial standards and reporting discipline in the sales process among sales team
- Foster continuing collaboration within the SaaS sales team and among the SaaS sales team and other LBS sales team members and cross-Opco teams
- Establish the global LBS SaaS team as the industry-leading SaaS sales force in pathology
- Bachelors Degree
- Excellent leadership skills required, as well as the ability to lead and work as part of a team
- 10+ yrs experience in healthcare sales
- 10+ yrs experience in leading/managing healthcare sales teams
- Current experience managing global sales team
- Experience in selling web-based services
- Self-motivated – must be highly professional and results oriented
- Proven ability to, not only meet, but exceed personal and team goals & objectives
- Ability to work independently, plan workload and deliver on commitments
- Proven communication, collaboration and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to influence others, ability to quickly assess the business impact of market issues and make appropriate decisions/recommendations
- Problem solving in a matrixed environment
- Selling and/or managing PACS like solutions sales team
Desired Skills/Experience List of valued, but not required skills and qualifications
- Selling and/or managing cloud-based SaaS sales team
- Experience in Digital Pathology sales
- Experience in Image Analysis sales
Travel – Approximately 50% (and as much as 70%) global travel
Leica Biosystems pays salaries commensurate with market value, and provides exceptional benefits.
Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, submit your resume for consideration. http://www.leicabiosystems.com/about/careers/
Leica Biosystems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Disability, Vet, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity.
About this company
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in laboratory workflow solutions for anatomic pathology, striving to advance cancer diagnostics to improve patients’ lives. Leica Biosystems provides a comprehensive product range for each step in the pathology process, from sample preparation and staining to imaging and reporting. Recognizing there is a shortage of pathology expertise worldwide, as well as increasing subspecialization, Leica Biosystems expanded its capability in pathology imaging with Aperio ePathology Solutions enabling greater access for pathologists through market leading whole slide scanners, Network solutions that enables remote, real-time viewing and easy distribution of images for collaboration and Precision solutions that provide pathologists with easy-to-use quantitative image analysis to improve clinical and research productivity, reproducibility and consistency. Leica Biosystems is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 6 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. Further information can be found at www.LeicaBiosystems.com.
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our family of world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including health care, environmental and communications. We are a globally diverse team of 66,000 associates united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our ultimate competitive advantage. In 2013, we generated $19.1 billion in revenue and our market capitalization exceeded $50 billion. We are ranked #152 on the Fortune 500 and, during the past 20 years, our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 Index by nearly 2,800 percent.
At Danaher, you’ll have the opportunity to build a career in a way no other company or environment can duplicate. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and most importantly, like to win. Why? Because it’s fun! But, when it comes to the development of our leaders and associates, we’re serious. Our business is growing, and we need top talented people to keep winning. The breadth and depth of our family of brands makes it possible for us to offer a variety of dynamic and challenging career opportunities across multiple global industries. Working with us, you’ll have the unique experience to learn the Danaher Business System, our common operating system used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create tremendous value for customers and shareholders. At Danaher, great people do extraordinary things. Come join our winning team.