REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing, Europe LBS
DIRECT REPORTS: None
PEERS: European Marketing Managers, European Demo Manager, Marcoms Specialists, Customer Experience Leader
OTHER KEY RELATIONSHIPS: European Customer Service, European Sales Management, Global Product Management, Business Unit Product Development Teams
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This role is responsible for managing the marketing strategy and execution of the Pathology Imaging portfolio of products (Digital Pathology, CytoVision and Clinical Microscopes) to the European customer base.
The Pathology Imaging (PI) Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the product life cycle by gathering and analyzing market data and customer feedback in order to understand the most appropriate sales support activities to roll out to drive growth. The Marketing Manager will also become proficient with the Danaher Business System tools and utilize these to track the success of the implemented activities and manage market challenges.
The PI Marketing Manager role is a leadership role to Sales Specialists, Field Service Support, Product Champions and customer care on how to position and sell the range of products. The individual will be responsible not only to support the internal teams in the sale and service of PI products but also lead these individuals through the European sales and marketing strategy.
The Marketing Manager will not only be required to be in close contact with the EU sales teams and customers across Europe, but also be in close affiliation with the Pathology Imaging Business Unit (BU) and, to a lesser extent, the Nussloch, Newcastle, Richmond and Melbourne BUs. This individual will also acts as a conduit between BU product management and the EU sales team to ensure an EU strategy is consistently deployed, where applicable, throughout all field assignments such as demonstrations, tradeshows, etc.
Traveling will be required to customer sites, BU’s and congresses. The focus of this travel will be to support the EU region in sales/marketing activities and data gathering. At times this travel can be heavy.
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact eric.stewart@leicabiosystems.
CAREER PROGRESSION: It is expected that the successful candidate would have the potential to develop into other Marketing or Sales related roles representing other product groups and/or management responsibility.
- Analyze the LBS business for Pathology Imaging (PI) products in Europe
- Define macro and micro market elements, develop market models and quantify opportunity for PI products in Europe.
- Define a strategy to enhance sales and develop sales tools that will best support the strategy
- Ensure the products are positioned to promote solution sales – create a culture to our customers that LBS sells system solutions, not just instrumentation.
- Work in close contact with the individual markets in Europe to
– Develop programs for the promotion of key products according to business need
– Run Seminars, Workshops & Webinars to promote PI products to customers in Europe
- Develop sales tools based on the identified needs in example:
– Product-specific calculators
– Testimonials, white papers
– Presentations tailored to EU specific needs
- Define the list of events (both external and LBS-hosted) in which to participate and manage the execution of these events.
- Assist Marketing Communications in reviewing all sales and marketing material.
- Work with other EU marketing heads to develop an inclusive LBS message supporting the ePathology message.
- Define EU PI product pricing of the main systems in accordance to market situation and in consideration of the following:
- Implement and update EU PI pricing in SAP and LMS Shop.
- Monitor existing sales by region and customer segments against planned budget and forecast.
- Actively review pricing strategy with Regional sales team.
- Develop and continually improve pricing tools to assist Sales team in negotiation process.
- Monitor competitor pricing and product positioning of Leica product equivalent.
- Pricing Performance – Via Smart Pricing and Price Realization tools:
- Create culture in Sales reps to ensure maximum profitability in every sale via Smart Pricing Philosophy. Report to Senior Sales Management on monthly basis.
- Monitor ANSP and discount trends for all LBS product lines. Report to Senior Sales Management on monthly basis.
- Product launches and positioning – Work in conjunction with the BUs to prepare the launch plan and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) indicating the success of products launches and track in a bowler.
- Be the market information representative for a selected EU sales region:
- Liaise with the local sales organization in order to share market relevant information with other Product managers and the BU and provide special support for the local marketing activities.
- Understand competitor activities and counter with relevant messages and activities
- Share market best practices with other selling units to ensure maximum efficiency in activity
- Understand and implement Transformative Marketing related activities
- Be responsible for defining the correct mix and configuration of PI products to be held in the European Demo Centre (EDC).
- Working with Global Support to address major, persistent service issues.
- Assisting with Global Support and local Service Management to ensure all products in field is of recommended Configuration Management.
- Assisting in product demonstrations for key personnel as per Sales/Marketing requirements and agreed upon by Support Management.
- Organize the representation of the company at trade association meetings to promote products and ensure prioritized activities are put in place to gain business.
FIRST SIX MOTHS EXPECTATIONS
- Develop full knowledge of Pathology Imaging product portfolio.
- Develop and maintain relationships with sales management, reps, specialists as well as key customer accounts across territory.
- Establish and implement KPIs for measuring business success.
- Develop and implement marketing strategy plan for Pathology Imaging in Europe for the full year including campaigns, events, reference site and marcoms plan.
- Establish complete EU market model for PI Products.
- Work with BU to generate and/or tailor sales tools for EU market.
- Set up and execute regular meetings with the EU PI sales team to update on marketing issues and to collect VOS.
- Develop knowledge and skills for the utilization of effective sales tools such as CRM.
- Works with integrity and leads by example with compliance
- Proven ability to commercially support sales teams and drive growth by managing execution of marketing strategies and tactics on a pan-European level
- Builds constructive and effective relationships both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to develop solution value propositions and work closely with customers to generate supporting marketing collateral
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness: deep understanding of capital sales, rental reagent sales, leasing agreements and service sales
- In-depth understanding of the requirements and the importance to follow procedures and process as it is a highly regulated sector by the FDA and other governmental bodies
- Healthcare industry: knowledge of technologies, processes and selling/purchasing with the hospital environment, competitor and market awareness, especially in the field of histopathology
- Understands business on a European scale and that different approaches work in different places
- Financial acumen: budgets, forecasting, providing quotations, responding to tenders and managing priorities to meet revenue targets
- Language requirement: English and preferably in another European language
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and copy of your CV.