Job ID PAT100130
The Product Manager, Image Viewing and Apps Solutions will be responsible for Leica’s BioSystems software image viewing portfolio. In addition this role will be the driver for new software applications. This global position reports to the Senior Director of ePathology Marketing.
As Product Manager, you will lead an important product line within the business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build solutions from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand the problems, and find innovative workflow solutions for the broader market
The Product Manager, Image Viewing & Apps Solutions will:
- Manage the viewing software products from strategic planning to tactical activities including new launches.
- Rationalize our portfolio of existing viewer options.
- Support the development and commercialization of new software applications.
- Identify market opportunities, define customer business use cases and establish the product strategy and roadmap.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage viewing products.
- Specify market requirements for current and future viewing options by conducting voice of customer market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers – define marketing and product requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Assess partnership and licensing opportunities and manage third party relationships.
- Drive product development and launch planning across teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications).
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with the commercialization marketing team to execute.
- Represent the company at conferences and trade shows.
- BS/BA in marketing or health sciences (MBA and/or Ph.D. desirable)
- Healthcare, clinical lab, Pathology, Radiology PACS, medical device or information systems background required.
- Experience in human factors analysis and user experience (e.g. workflow analysis, storyboarding) is a plus.
- 4+ years of product management experience, preferable for medical image viewing (PACS), in the life sciences and healthcare clinical market.
- Medical software product management experience with responsibilities spanning inbound product management and product marketing.
- Solid understanding of product management processes especially creating customer requirement for new viewing solutions.
- Must be a very capable communicator and be comfortable working with a wide variety of corporate executives, sales, marketing, engineering, operations, customers and business partners.
- Proven teamwork and people management skills; excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative environment in cross-functional teams, contribute solutions, and remain flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Business focus with strong technical background; well-developed analytical skills; excellent project management skills.
- Ability to formulate business plans, marketing and products requirement documents and product launch plans.
- High energy and self-motivated.
Travel: Willing to spend a significant amount of his/her time in the field (up to approx. 35% domestic & international travel), developing close relationships with customers and identifying market needs and trends.
Leica Biosystems pays salaries commensurate with market value, and provides exceptional benefits.
Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, submit your resume for consideration. Job ID PAT000130 http://www.leicabiosystems.com/about/careers/
Leica Biosystems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Disability, Vet, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity.
About Leica Biosystems:
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in laboratory workflow solutions for anatomic pathology, striving to advance cancer diagnostics to improve patients’ lives. Leica Biosystems provides a comprehensive product range for each step in the pathology process, from sample preparation and staining to imaging and reporting. Recognizing there is a shortage of pathology expertise worldwide, as well as increasing subspecialization, Leica Biosystems expanded its capability in pathology imaging with Aperio ePathology Solutions enabling greater access for pathologists through market leading whole slide scanners, Network solutions that enables remote, real-time viewing and easy distribution of images for collaboration and Precision solutions that provide pathologists with easy-to-use quantitative image analysis to improve clinical and research productivity, reproducibility and consistency. Leica Biosystems is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 6 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. Further information can be found at www.LeicaBiosystems.com.
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our family of world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including health care, environmental and communications. We are a globally diverse team of 66,000 associates united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our ultimate competitive advantage. In 2013, we generated $19.1 billion in revenue and our market capitalization exceeded $50 billion. We are ranked #152 on the Fortune 500 and, during the past 20 years, our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 Index by nearly 2,800 percent.
At Danaher, you’ll have the opportunity to build a career in a way no other company or environment can duplicate. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and most importantly, like to win. Why? Because it’s fun! But, when it comes to the development of our leaders and associates, we’re serious. Our business is growing, and we need top talented people to keep winning. The breadth and depth of our family of brands makes it possible for us to offer a variety of dynamic and challenging career opportunities across multiple global industries. Working with us, you’ll have the unique experience to learn the Danaher Business System, our common operating system used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create tremendous value for customers and shareholders. At Danaher, great people do extraordinary things. Come join our winning team.