FREE SPECIAL EDITION WHITE PAPER: Augmenting an Enterprise-Wide HIT System with a Best-of-Breed Anatomic Pathology LIS
Your AP Lab’s Information System Commute: When is ‘Taking the Bus’ More Flexible than ‘Driving Your Car’?
The Dark Report is pleased to offer this FREE White Paper providing you with a detailed discussion on the considerations of investing in a best-of-breed anatomic pathology-specific laboratory information system, and the reasons why even a solid enterprise-wide EHR and/or LIS solution may be insufficient for the complexities of your anatomic pathology (AP) laboratory and its distinct needs in terms of workflow, data mining, imaging and results formats.
This FREE White Paper specifically addresses:
- Differences between enterprise-wide EHR systems and general lab information systems, and anatomic pathology-specific systems
- Challenges involved in selecting either or both an enterprise-wide health information system and a purpose-specific laboratory information system
- Evaluating the pathology LIS as a cornerstone of your AP lab’s growth strategy, and using gap analysis to determine the best approach for your health system and laboratory
- Hidden traps associated with enterprise-wide and limited-function pathology LIS products
- Pros and cons of utilizing a cloud-based APLIS versus a locally installed APLIS, with the option of a hybrid system
- Essential elements of a best-of-breed anatomic pathology LIS, plus EHR vendors who recognize the importance of such a system, and why
- Case studies: How four anatomic pathology laboratories have successfully utilized a best-of-breed anatomic pathology-specific laboratory system