Essentials for 2015 in Coding, Billing, and Collections for Clinical Labs and Pathology Groups
Webinar – Thursday, December 4, 2014
Vice President of Commercialization Strategies, Consulting & Industry Affairs
President and Chief Operating Officer
APS Medical Billing
Are you prepared for the important coding, billing,
and collection changes coming in 2015?
Get up-to-the-minute info on key changes you should make to ensure
fair and accurate payment in the coming year!
Are you prepared for the onslaught of coding, billing, and collection changes coming in 2015 relative to how labs bill Medicare and private health insurers? Every lab that wants to do better at filing clean claims and getting faster payment must be prepared for these changes!
“It will be a high-stakes game in 2015 because both government and private payers are stacking the deck against clinical labs and pathology groups,” says Robert L. Michel, Editor-in-Chief of The Dark Report. “Across the nation, Medicare carriers and private health insurers are implementing myriad changes in coverage guidelines and reimbursement for both clinical lab tests and anatomic pathology services, in an effort to reduce their costs.
“There will be so many of these changes in how labs must code, bill, and collect during 2015 that, in a sense, the lab testing industry faces ‘financial death by a thousand cuts,’” continued Michel. “This makes it imperative that every lab’s billing and collections manager stay informed and be prepared for these changes.”
The good news: There’s still time to gear up for these changes! Get quickly up to speed on the specifics, and what you need to do to ensure fair and accurate payment in 2015 by taking advantage of this timely webinar, entitled “Essentials for 2015 in Coding, Billing, and Collections for Clinical Labs and Pathology Groups” on Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 1:00 PM EST.
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn during this
information-packed 90-minute webinar:
- Learn which Medicare program changes are likely to have the biggest impact on your Medicare billing and collections during 2015
- Understand the different ways that Medicare carriers will want your lab to submit claims during 2015, and how to best meet those requirements to ensure full and timely payment to your lab
- Know the specific new coding and billing requirements that will change at the nation’s largest health insurance companies during 2015
- Benefits of training your lab’s coding/billing/collections team in advance of January 1, 2015, to handle lab test claims in ways that meet the new Medicare and private payer requirements
- Discover overlooked secrets to generate a higher proportion of clean claims that payers reimburse at first submission
- How to reduce the average number of days that your lab’s claims go unpaid because your lab billing team is prepared for the changing requirements that take effect in 2015
- Gain insights into more requirements for lab test bundling by Medicare’s hospital outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS)
- Hear about specific changes in how payment for drug testing and pain management services will be handled during 2015
- Plus a live Q&A session to provide answers to your most pressing questions, and much more