Continues Leadership in Simplifying Tissue Image Analysis and Improving Workflow Efficiency
MUNICH — Definiens, the global leader in Tissue Phenomics® for oncology diagnostics announced the newest version of its leading image analysis software for quantitative digital pathology, Tissue Studio 4.0. The new release provides greater flexibility, more accurate and consistent results, and the ability to use any chromogen for single and dual stain immunohistochemistry (IHC) quantification.
“Today’s researchers are facing complex challenges and we’re committed to helping them achieve greater results in less time”
For scientists performing research and discovery and preclinical studies, Tissue Studio opens up new dimensions in tissue quantification. By providing morphological fingerprints and biomarker expression profiles on a cell-by-cell basis, it enables comprehensive and consistent data for any tissue based assay. Unlike products that can only support simple tasks, Tissue Studio is able to handle biological variation and staining heterogeneity.
New features and benefits of Tissue Studio include:
- Flexible Choice of Chromogen for Both Single & Dual Stain Quantification – Scientists performing tissue analysis where various cell types and cell subtypes need to be identified with respect to one another can now utilize two IHC stains with any chromogen to detect and quantify different cell populations.
- Future-Proof Performance & Scalability – Easily adjust to changing tissue analysis performance needs with customizable configurations and add-ons for interactive data review, quality control, and data mining.
- Accurate and Consistent Results – Complement visual assessments with detailed quantitative measurements for novel insights in tissue based discovery and better go/no-go decisions in preclinical development.
- Productivity Gains – Utilize powerful machine learning to reduce preclinical safety and toxicity study lengths from weeks to days by automating routine analysis tasks.
- Flexibility – Analyze brightfield or fluorescence images in whole slide or tissue microarray formats. Utilize native image file formats from most digital whole slide scanners, as well as generic file formats, so that you can standardize on one image analysis platform.
- Ease of Use – Develop a customized image analysis solution in about 20 minutes, even without previous image analysis or programming experience. Configure robust solutions for different assays with an intuitive user interface.
“Today’s researchers are facing complex challenges and we’re committed to helping them achieve greater results in less time,” said Thomas Heydler, CEO of Definiens. “The improvements we’re bringing are in response to the needs of our customers and the industry. Tissue Studio is a comprehensive solution that is easy to use without any prior experience with image analysis or programming, enables customizable, scalable configurations to meet changing needs, and provides significant flexibility for users. With the highest level of productivity and a dedicated support team, Tissue Studio helps our customers succeed in their research goals.”
Tissue Studio 4.0 is now available for new and existing customers. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/definiens-tissue-studio.
Definiens is the leading provider of image analysis and data mining solutions for tissue diagnostics and clinical digital pathology. Definiens technology provides detailed cell-by-cell readouts from target structures on tissue slides and allows the correlation of this information with data derived from other sources, generating new knowledge and supporting better decisions in research, diagnostics and therapy. Definiens’ Tissue Phenomics approach was awarded the 2013 Frost and Sullivan Company of the Year Award for Global Tissue Diagnostics and Pathology Imaging. For more information, please visit: www.definiens.com.
Category: Anatomic Pathology, Business, Device Manufacturers, Digital Pathology News, Histology, Image Analysis, Informatics, International, Laboratory Informatics, Medical Research, Pathology News, Vendor products, Web/Tech, Whole slide