Who we are
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, innovates and manufactures instruments and reagents that automate tissue processing and slide staining for cancer diagnostics. Our integrated staining, workflow management and digital pathology solutions optimize laboratory efficiency to reduce errors and support diagnosis for pathology professionals. Together with Roche, Ventana is driving personalized healthcare through accelerated drug discovery and companion diagnostics.
Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of design principles, practices and implementation in complex systems and assignments. General responsibilities include design concept generation, participating in design reviews, development and testing to assess performance against design specification; reliability testing, and assessment of system interactions. Makes independent decisions. Assist in the development of manufacturing processes and troubleshooting issues to determine root cause and possible engineering solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience with troubleshooting. Will work independently and with cross functional teams. Candidate should be able to assess impact of design choices and conduct test driven development. Should have knowledge and practical experience on using and implementing IPC mechanisms.
- Practices and mentors in the use of company concepts, policies and procedures, familiar with and follows standard practices.
- Receives general direction and exercises considerable discretion as to work details.
- Contributes to the definition and timely achievement of overall project goals.
- Participates or leads in efforts to define new components, products or processes.
- Identifies and solves technical challenges.
- Identifies and implements improvements to work processes.
- Creates potentially patentable components for systems, or processes.
- Designs, plans and executes project related tasks.
- Designs and executes experiments to test hypothesis related to project outcomes.
- Applies advanced scientific knowledge to projects; determines priorities for experiments.
- Independently designs and executes experiments.
- Utilizes DOE as appropriate.
- Assures experimental quality through sound, independent, experimental design.
- Participates or leads cross functional technical teams.
- Establishes interfaces across other organizational groups.
- Provides technical direction and feedback to others.
- Teaches others and troubleshoots problems.
- Participates in project planning, process updates and contributes to experimental design.
- Prepares and delivers presentations of project results to others; presents data to larger and more diverse audiences.
- Applies functional expertise routinely on the job.
- Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
BS degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline.
Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
MS degree in directly related discipline + 4 years of related experience required; OR, PhD degree in a directly related discipline + 2 years of related experience required.
Experience in C, C++, C3 and WPF.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates success in technical proficiency, creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Expert knowledge of engineering principles and concepts.
- Understands and uses expert practices for requirements management, development and analysis.
- Mentors others in requirements engineering.
- Understands and uses the foundational processes and practices for SW planning.
- Mentors others in SW planning processes and practices.
- Develops and uses company design practices as applied to projects
- Understands and applies industry practices and benchmarks.
- Uses company coding practices as applied to projects.
- Develops, mentors and assures growth in company practices.
- Uses company practices for SW integration and test at an expert level.
- Develops and mentors and assures growth in practices.
- Demonstrates success in troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates the ability to think through different situations while coding.
- Ability to assess impacts to design choices.
- Ability to do test-driven development.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and practical experience when using and implementing IPC mechanisms.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the “Apply online” button below.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.