Technical Sales Specialist – West Coast
Indica Labs provides software solutions for fast, quantitative evaluation of digital pathology images using HALO, our flagship image analysis platform. Pharmaceutical, healthcare, and research organizations worldwide are using HALO for high-throughput, whole-slide image quantification in areas such as neuroscience, ophthalmology, metabolism, oncology, respiratory, and toxicological pathology.
This is a hybrid sales and technical position which would suit a MS or PhD level scientist with experience in digital pathology and image analysis who wishes to move into a more mainstream commercial role. The position involves the following essential customer support and sales functions:
Pre-sales and post-sales customer support
• Work with customers to determine which software solutions best meets needs
• Demonstrate software capabilities through remote conferencing or on-site visit
• Manage software trials and proof-of-concept studies
• Support commercial efforts by participating in seminars and tradeshows or giving technical presentations or posters as required
• Install software and train customers using remote conferencing or on-site visit
• Provide ongoing technical and scientific support to existing customers
Sales & database management
• Identify researchers within different target markets and establish strategies to reach them
• Qualify new leads, issue quotes, report back on quotations made and outcomes
• Keep the customer database up-to-date, importing new data, updating records and performing the necessary cross checks
• Assist in the preparation of sales statistics & reports
• Perform ongoing account management duties for assigned accounts
Qualifications and Required Skills
• PhD or MS in pathobiology or related biomedical science
• Experience with pathology, digital pathology, histology, microscopy, and image analysis
• Ability to travel globally up to 50% of the time
• Experience delivering presentations to large and small scientific audiences
• Excellent people skills with a passion for providing superior customer service
• Understanding of laboratory workflow
• Basic IT/network knowledge
• Previous customer service or application experience
• Previous sales or marketing experience
The company is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, but the position is flexible (preferably Colorado, New Mexico, California, Washington, Oregon, and Arizona) and must be in close proximity to a major airport.
Full-time employees are offered very competitive salaries and 100% company sponsored medical and dental insurance.
Please contact our Administrative Associate, Liz Amdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.