microDimensions recently released a major update of its flagship product Voloom, the fastest software in its class to reconstruct serial sections and facilitate 3D histology. microDimensions Voloom 2.4 can export fully aligned sections in a resolution four times higher than the screen resolution. They can be stored as image series or 3D volumes in the TIFF, IMS (Bitplane Imaris), or MHA (ITK MetaImage) file formats.
- it now supports reading Hamamatsu NDPI and Aperio SVS confocal images and Z stacks,
- handling of electron microscopy images is improved,
- wrong or missing metadata can be corrected by manually specifying in-plane pixel spacing and background color,
- the user interface was improved,
- and, besides other enhancements, saving and loading on Korean Windows installations was fixed.
For more information please visit the Voloom product page micro-dimensions.com/voloom.
We sincerely invite you to register for one of our upcoming free webinars on volumetric histology in order to get an insight into the features and capabilities of Voloom. The next demo webinars are scheduled for:
- Thursday, 9 July 2015, 9am PDT / 12pm EDT / 18:00 CEST
- Monday, 17 August 2015, 8am PDT / 11am EDT / 17:00 CEST
- Wednesday, 30 September 2015, 10:00 CEST / 17:00 JST
Register now at micro-dimensions.com/webinars.
Meet us at the
Digital Pathology Congress, 3-4 December 2015, London, UK, booth #19.
To schedule an appointment, please send an e-mail with your preferred date and time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
microDimensions develops and distributes software for microscopic image processing and analysis. Their solutions and services can be tailored to and seamlessly integrated into digital pathology workflows. microDimensions’ cutting-edge products Voloom®, Outspace™, and Zoom are the world’s fastest tools for convenient and accurate 3D histology reconstruction, stereology, and digital pathology viewing, respectively. They enable pharmaceutical and biotech companies to accelerate early drug testing and allow research organizations to gain new insights into cancer, multiple sclerosis, chronic infections, and other diseases.
Dr. Marco Feuerstein
+49 89 1894253 34