Join Horizon and Visiopharm for a Webinar Series on New, Innovative Technologies for Quality Control of Immunohistochemistry
Immunohistochemistry (IHC) stained tissue sections are read and interpreted by a pathologist using a microscope, or on a computer monitor as routine use of digital pathology continues to grow. Regardless of interpretation method, It is well known and documented that manual assessment of biomarker expression is associated with significant inter and intra-reader variability. Furthermore, inter and intra laboratory variation off IHC staining only adds to the challenges.
Horizon Diagnostics recently launched IHC reference materials which offer a sustainable alternative to tissue archives to support optimisation of assay performance. Visiopharm launched this year ONCOtopix Dx, CE-IVD marked IHC algorithms for diagnostic use. Together, Horizon and Visiopharm are creating tools that can standardize and assess the staining quality of laboratories.
In this webinar series, learn how Horizon and Visiopharm’s collaboration is improving the quality control of immunohistochemistry (IHC). Highlights of the webinar series include,
- A case study showcasing variability in BRAF V600E IHC staining in a Proficiency testing Scheme
- Improving the consistency of IHC staining and quantitative assessment (QDP):
- Discuss providing quantitative analysis of EML4-ALK, ROS1, RET and EGFR reference standards
- Analysis of the key challenges facing IHC companion diagnostics, and solutions such as the ‘Blueprint Proposal’.
- Blue sky thinking in the development of an IHC reference material including the assessment by Quantitative Digital Pathology.
- Standardizing IHC staining evaluation using high-quality image analysis systems.
The first webinar titled “Automating Immunohistochemistry Standardization in your Laboratory” will be presented on July 9th 2015 and the second webinar, “Blueprint to blue sky: Analysing the challenges and solutions for IHC Companion diagnostics” will be presented on August 6th 2015. To register, please click on the links above or visit either the Visiopharm or Horizon websites.
Horizon Diagnostics is proud to support clinical laboratories with the provision of reference materials for Research Use Only (RUO); applications include the validation of equipment and consumables offline from patient testing.
Category: Anatomic Pathology, Clinical Laboratories, Device Manufacturers, Digital Pathology News, Education, File format, Histology, Image Analysis, Informatics, International, Laboratory Informatics, Marketing, Medical Research, Pathology News, Vendor products, Web/Tech, Webinars, Whole slide