If this is of interest to you — please send a response as below to: email@example.com. According to the job posting, pilot’s license, musical interests and/or background in sports desirable!
The field of pathology is embarking on a transformational change, going from an analogue to digital workflow. Going digital will empower pathology to improve cancer care by increasing efficiency in for example second opinions and frozen section reviews and by enabling improved collaboration between pathologists and other disciplines such as radiology.
Sectra, as a medical IT company with more than 20 years’ experience of radiology IT, is taking on a key role in the digital pathology market and is now looking for a “doer” with experience and talent in consultative sales who wants to drive the development of the US market. You will join our North American team, but also work closely with the global product marketing team based in Sweden. Your main responsibility will be to ensure Sectra is among the market leaders in digital pathology in North America.
A sales and business development role where you will have …
- the opportunity to work with an exciting product area that makes a difference, and will change the way cancer care is performed
- a dedicated group of people in a medium sized growth company with huge potential
- a workplace where you will be listened to and where you have a real opportunity to make a difference
- an international environment with the opportunity to work in, or with, other countries and cultures.
- an entrepreneurial role with high responsibility, opportunity and flexibility
- Grow the Sectra business in digital pathology in North America to make Sectra a leader in digital pathology
- Be responsible for the local businesses, initiatives and strategy
- Create strategic partner relationships with LIS, scanner and image analysis vendors
- Investigate customer needs and develop a digital pathology solution that fits the local market
- Attend trade shows and conferences to demonstrate Sectra’s offering
- Work closely with marketing to develop product positioning and marketing material
- Generate leads and support sales throughout the sales process
At Sectra we hire you more for who you are and your will and ability to learn, than for your previous experience. We expect you to be well-educated and have good grades, but also to have a sense of humor when that is appropriate (life is too short not to have fun). If you are the correct person, and a fast learner, we will have no problem teaching you what you need to know.
For this position we have the following requirements:
- Have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree within engineering, marketing or business with good grades
- Have a good understanding and interest in IT systems, either by formal training or by self learning.
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Prepared to work both from our office in Shelton (Connecticut), but also to travel to trade shows and customers
- Entrepreneurial and outwardsgoing mind-set, being able to grab business opportunities and enjoy working independently with high responsibility
- Strong analytical and communication skills, and have an interest in business development
In addition, we consider it an asset if you also:
- Have knowledge of medical IT systems and standards
- Have a background and network in pathology and/or healthcare IT
- Prepared to move to Connecticut and work from our office in Shelton
- Speak more languages than those required above
- Good at writing articles, reference stories and creating market material
- Have experience from sales in medical IT or working as a management consultant
Have other skills, such as;
- Have a pilot’s license (we have many pilots at Sectra who fly to our customers).
- Sing, play musical instruments, etc. We have a lively music tradition at Sectra.
- Have a background in sports.
But most of all we are looking for an open, passionate person who shares our values and is a true team player who will enjoy working with the rest of us at Sectra.
If you feel up to the challenge, we would like to hear from you. Please send your application before February 29, including your CV, business and academic references and your grades from upper secondary school/high school and university studies, to: firstname.lastname@example.org