During USCAP Philips is organizing a lunch seminar about the next steps in digital pathology.
When: Sunday, March 13, 12.00 – 1.00 pm (lunch provided)
Where: Washington State Convention Center, Room CC 2AB
This seminar will share a framework that helps to implement digital pathology for clinical use, but we will also share an example how 100% digitization can lead to work ow improvement. Next to that an update on the PMA application will be presented by the vice president of the Digital Pathology Association, John Wellbank.
John Wellbank (Chairman & discussion lead)
President of the Digital Pathology Association and Head of global sales, service and marketing for Philips Digital Pathology Solutions business.
- Introduction and update on PMA and the Novo application: what will it mean for whole slide imaging?
Chris Garcia, MD.
Fellow in Pathology Informatics at Massachusetts General Hospital, Fellow in Systems Design and
Management at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Dr. Garcia will share a framework developed jointly by MGH and MIT that aims to help Pathology groups implement digital pathology for clinical use. The framework was created leveraging years of digital pathology experience and expertise at MGH and research expertise from MIT in systems design and management.
- He will also provide key insights on opportunities for high impact applications of digital pathology solutions.
Platform manager IDEXX
- IDEXX has digitized their complete workflow; a globally integrated network of multiple Philips Digital Pathology systems across 3 continents is improving efficiency, significantly reducing turnaround time and leveraging subspecialty expertise.
- Christine will share their experience and review the implications of managing a digital workload of more than 1000 slides per day.
For more information visit: www.philips.com/digitalpathology