Philips appears to continue to grow adding positions here and abroad at a rapid clip. While some of these may be turnover and transitions many appear to be additive rather than replacing folks. I am of course partial to the area having trained in Maryland and DC and practicing in North Carolina but the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast area seems poised for digital pathology adoption. There is a continued emphasis on hospital mergers, acquisitions and development of ACOs with insurance plans to keep patients within their networks. I don’t think anyone is sure how all this will turn out but it is clear that hospitals and payers may have more closely aligned interests to try to manage costs while having a large number insured to keep those folks within their networks against other large system competitors.
Increased connectivity between these organizations hospitals, cancer centers, surgical centers, clinics and laboratories will drive many aspects of increased healthcare IT adoption, consolidation of EMR systems and digital pathology and radiology platforms.
Job: Sales Account Management
Organization: BG Emerging Businesses (35003798)
Title: Sales Manager, Strategic Accounts – Digital Pathology (Mid-Atlantic)
Requisition ID: 188865
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina, United States-Delaware, United States-Maryland, United States-Virginia, United States-District of Columbia-Washington
- The Key Accounts Manager will be accountable for sales, revenue generation and market penetration for Philips’ Digital Pathology solutions and systems in North America while driving the development of relationships with key clinical pathologists, comprehensive cancer centers, and hospitals. Mid-Atlantic Territory includes: Maryland, DC, Virginia, Delaware & North Carolina.
- Has a detailed understanding of the emerging developments in oncology care and how to best:
- Translate these trends into viable business options for cancer centers.
- Key account management and market penetration.Along with the sales and marketing team, help develop and execute the strategic sales plan and produce monthly and quarterly updates to the plan and review process.
- Responsible for creating and implementing the sales plan in the assigned area in coordination with the master strategic plan, including forecast and AOP.
- Gains and maintains market information and knowledge in order to obtain and maintain the targeted market shares in all assigned product categories.
- Grows the clinical competency skills required for all of the Philips’ Digital Pathology Solutions products to assure role of sales expert in an elite sales force. Develops and drives credibility and long term relationship with the customers in the clinical digital pathology area, to fulfill long term sales objectives.
- Coordinates, attends and represent Philips DPS and our partnerships at various trade shows and conferences.
- Provides regular monthly and timely feedback on a variety of topics including sales performance/penetration, market feedback, competitive activities, new target accounts, ideas regarding sales growth and new product development opportunities.
- Customer satisfaction. Provides formal communication of customer needs to personnel for the purpose of improving the organization and product.
- Has the authority and accountability to negotiate contracts and prices within the limits of the sales plan and sales policy.
- Communicates how the PDPS solution meets prospect’s needs and leverages Philips Healthcare Informatics sales and marketing peers in developing and executing joint efforts.
The current digital pathology marketing & sales team in US consists of the Head of Commercial Operations, a Customer Service Manager, 5 Sales Managers, 2 Program / Application Specialist and a Strategic Accounts / Marketing Manager. This team will continue to grow based on successfully completing sales objectives. The digital pathology marketing & sales team has a close relationship with the Philips Healthcare Informatics marketing & sales teams.
The Key Accounts Manager for Digital Pathology NAM will report to the Head of Commercial Operations, NAM. The Key Accounts Manager will also be in frequent contact with the US sales and marketing team to align the sales and marketing activities of the digital pathology venture. The candidate will be responsible for building and supporting targeted accounts in specific market sectors.
- University educated in science, business or related healthcare field.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience in Pathology and/or Radiology Digitization and Informatics.
- More than 5 years of experience with a proven track record of downstream sales with experience in medical software and devices in a clinical setting.Marketing experience beneficial.
- Experience in market launch/selling of new products into new markets.
- A demonstrable track record of meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- Excellent leadership, communicative and commercial skills.
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 50% of the time.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers.
“Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.”