The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and driving marketing activities in support of sales that are necessary to achieve revenue growth, margin targets, and achieve budgeted and forecasted unit targets for the Digital Pathology Hardware product line within the Pathology Imaging Instruments portfolio in the Americas (USA, Canada, Latin America incl. Brazil) Markets.
- Manage and develop pricing strategies that achieve margin and revenue targets
- Complete market segmentation studies, develop strategy to penetrate target segments and monitor effectiveness
- Communicate with the BU for the products managed and exchange information necessary for the improvement of product, processes and compliance
- Prepare new product launch packages and GTM documents for use in the SU and BU
- Develop tools for the sales force to use that will increase sales and market share
- Work in collaboration with global Marketing on Promotion and lead generation: E-promotion, ads, trade show strategy, branding, prospecting process, workshops, target account list, communication strategy, and thought leader development
- Develop and foster relationships with key customers within defined Market Segment
- Relay market dynamics, including price positioning, and direct customer feedback to management
- Participate in projects to drive product development and business growth as required
- Participate in VOC events as needed to capture needed input for new product development meetings, product improvement programs and overall market research
- Provide expert level support on assigned product portfolio and applications to sales team
- Support sales force on complex product demonstrations
- Provide expert product and sales training for assigned product portfolio
- Create and train sales force on demo best practices for assigned product portfolio
- Responsible for supporting trade shows, workshops and customer courses related to assigned product portfolio
- Make presentations at sales meetings, symposium, and general internal meetings
- Involved in additional projects and activities as deemed necessary by leadership.
Required Education, Experience, Skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business Administration, or related field, or more than 5 years’ experience in field of endeavor
- Healthcare, Medical Device or Pharma marketing experience required; Pathology Imaging experience is a plus
- MBA Preferred
- Must have developed and executed strategic and tactical Marketing Plans
- Must have been responsible for launching new products
- Must have been active in sales rep training
- Must have developed pricing models and implemented programs to achieve margin and revenue targets
- Must have developed segmentation models and determined Key Purchase Drivers
- Must be familiar in the development and use of SWOT Analysis
- Must have lead or been part of a VOC Team
Managed multiple product portfolio
Desired Education, Experience, Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Training & Facilitation techniques
- Maintain strong internal and external client relationship skills
- Exhibit strong problem-solving and business acumen skills
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced, project-driven organization
Travel: 20% (required estimated % of time)
Achievement of set targeted growth in revenue, units, and margin
Development of promotion or countermeasure activities to ensure success of achievement
- Field Travel to understand market dynamics
- Frequent interaction and communication in-field to understand up-to-date VOS and VOC
- Successfully delivers content in timely manner
- Provides regular portfolio updates to track progression of sales
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Leica Biosystems pays salaries commensurate with market value, and provides exceptional benefits.
Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, apply on-line and submit your resume for consideration.